Login  
z
OP
AU
Rep:
45%
Post Likes: 1
Map mp_shantytown v1.0.0

Morning/Afternoon everyone on the European Side of CyberGamer! Im DevilsD, i frequent the Australian CG CoD Forums regularly since i Registered 2 years ago. A little about myself before i get to the main focus of this topic, ive been involved with the CoD Series since its creation in 2003 and have been reasonably heavily involved in creating Maps and Mods for the Games over the years. Its been largely an enjoyable and interesting hobby that for a very long time ive kept my creations to myself.

Only recently when i discovered CG thanks to my brother did i decide to use my skills as a Mapper to create something for the entire CG Community to enjoy and so brings me to the real reason for this topic.

After months of Development and testing and testing, a few weeks ago i released the final Version for my CoD4 MP map mp_shantytown. Its been well received by the Aus CoD Community and is currently being played in this years Season. I thought it might be a nice idea to introduce the map to you guys now that all the hard work is done.

Below you can find an assortment of links directing you to many places where you can find information on the Map and myself.

CyberGamer Aus CoD Thread

http://www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/thread/429562/mp_shantytown-Update-10-Final-Release-V1.0.0/

Direct Download

Click Me to Download the European Version of the Map

Contact

Xfire: mattyman174
Email: mattyman174@hotmail.com
Steam: devilsdemon

Promod Live 2.11 Custom Maps Server IP: 27.50.71.14:28930

Final notes

I hope that should anyone decide to download the map and try it out that you enjoy it as much as i have enjoyed making it and playing it with the CG Community. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to ask me via any of the methods ive posted above.

Thanks for your time, enjoy!

Edited once, 25/4/13 - 1:30pm.
Downvote
4.2 years ago
HU
Rep:
80%
Looks great, mate.
Downvote
4.2 years ago
SI
Rep:
39%
i try it nice
Downvote
4.2 years ago
FI
Rep:
82%
EU PC Moderator
EU PC CoD4 Admin
nice, gona try it out
Downvote
4.2 years ago
SE
Rep:
77%
Quote from Vanir on the 2nd of April 2013:
Looks great, mate.
Downvote
4.2 years ago
GB
Rep:
41%
looks really good but there are little higher ground areas and it doesn't really cater for longer ranged weapons. It's really good though.
Downvote
4.2 years ago
DE
Rep:
84%

haha
Downvote
4.2 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
45%
Quote from ozlan on the 2nd of April 2013:
looks really good but there are little higher ground areas and it doesn't really cater for longer ranged weapons. It's really good though.

As per the experiences of the Aus CoD CG Community, it caters for all class types, is near perfectly balanced from both sides and gives a new and unique challenge that all teams and players will have to learn and strat to appreciate it.

Try scrimming it with a full 10 before you judge what it does or doesnt have.

Thanks for your feedback though.
Downvote
4.2 years ago
qyU
DE
Rep:
69%
god damnit looks sick!
Downvote
4.2 years ago
PL
Rep:
49%
wow, nice.
Downvote
4.2 years ago
DE
Rep:
77%
Played that map last week,
Pretty sick
and nearly 100 % ballanced
Downvote
4.2 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
45%
Glad to hear people are playing it and enjoying it!
Downvote
4.2 years ago
SE
Rep:
66%
As I want to see the actual bombsites so I can get an understanding for the map I need to put it on match mode, but it gives me an error.

This is the error I'm getting:
http://hostr.co/fHbauWgU7DMZ

I wish to try this map out locally as I do not own any server, also I'm getting 350 ping on the public server provided so I can't really move that well.

help pls
Downvote
4.2 years ago
DE
Rep:
42%
I've seen this map in the cgi quarter finals stream from the au cybergamer league.normally im not the biggest fan of custom maps because most of them are really bad designed imo, but i gotta admit as i saw the au teams playing it, it looked very sick and i wanted to try it out aswell. so nice work there devillsd
Downvote
4.2 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
45%
Quote from VanveTT on the 18th of April 2013:
As I want to see the actual bombsites so I can get an understanding for the map I need to put it on match mode, but it gives me an error.

This is the error I'm getting:
http://hostr.co/fHbauWgU7DMZ

I wish to try this map out locally as I do not own any server, also I'm getting 350 ping on the public server provided so I can't really move that well.

help pls

Play in Custom Public mode instead of Match Mode.
Downvote
4.2 years ago

Follow CG On:
Ongoing PC PUGs:
Advertisement:
Current events
CyberGamer Premium Monthly Raffle 3 Days WIN an iPod Nano every Month! Congratulations Rorgh, our May Winner!
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players
Top 5% of players
Top 10% of players
Top 20% of players
Top 50% of players
Bottom 50% of players
1648 Votes