Login:
? Sign Up!
NL
using Firefox 16.0
Rep:
25%
Quote from vodkaz on the 19th of December 2012:
Quote from whaterwin on the 19th of December 2012:
it is a good way to make it fair. So if I am correct, someone who uses a illegal bind (such as weapnext and scripts) , gets a kick from the server or what happens?

No, but good point, all it does is save the illegal binds in a logfile on the FTP. Kicking people from the server who use illegal binds is the next thing I want to look into. But for now, this will do.

The log in the logfile will look something like this:
Quote from Logfile:
[02.11.2012 13:53:21] [From #2 0211(VALID) "Playername"] strafe1 = "cl_yawspeed 100;+sprint;+forward;wait 15;+moveleft;+left;wait 30;cl_yawspeed 300;wait 35;+gostand;-gostand;vstr strafe2"

With this being a strafe bind. This is an actual log from my server, I removed the player his name tho.

cool bind ;d;d;d;d;d
Downvote
4.4 years ago
i'm a guy with potential sometimes i look retarded but mostly im serious, no flame pls!
HU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
78%
Quote from aeROAWR on the 20th of December 2012:
Quote from Vanir on the 20th of December 2012:
CODE:
weapnext; wait 2;weapnext
^ that's one of the most essential things in the game, and like the 90% of the community uses it.
Now the noobfags will start laming about it hopefully, and will ruin the game more.
Why dont just double tap the V-Key? Is is that much more comfortable to do it like that way? Essential, what? I dont see anyone playing with this except some newbies / wannabes..

I'll apply cold water to the burned area, sec.
OT: I'm playing like this for 3 years, and I won't change my gamestyle because of this.
Downvote
4.4 years ago
humanity will not be happy until the day the last aristocrat has been hung with the guts of the last priest
vod
OP
NL
using Firefox 47.0
Rep:
82%
EU Site Admin
CODE:
^ that's one of the most essential things in the game, and like the 90% of the community uses it.
Now the noobfags will start laming about it hopefully, and will ruin the game more.

I really feel sorry for the games you will lose because of this, also you seem to be the "noobfag" for not being able to press a button twice. It is illegal, so its about time people are able to do something about it. It clearly gives an unfair advantage and yes I know you will say: "people can start to use it as well", but its ILLEGAL meaning that using it would give an unfair advantage. Its an infinite loop.
I was going to say something about you being corrupt, I will leave that one out for now.

Good luck in your disputes next season.
Downvote
4.4 years ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • EU Site Admin
  • EU PC CoD4 Admin
  • CoD4 PUG Admin
  • EU News Writer
Ati 'awati' George Sokomanu
vod buried a post by Meddler. Show
vod buried a post by --------------------. Show
IL
using Chrome 28.0
Rep:
38%
Quote from vodkaz on the 20th of December 2012:
CODE:

I really feel sorry for the games you will lose because of this, also you seem to be the "noobfag" for not being able to press a button twice. It is illegal, so its about time people are able to do something about it. It clearly gives an unfair advantage and yes I know you will say: "people can start to use it as well", but its ILLEGAL meaning that using it would give an unfair advantage. Its an infinite loop.
I was going to say something about you being corrupt, I will leave that one out for now.

Good luck in your disputes next season.
Well, to be honest I did use it. don't mind to get banned even right now, but the only reason I started using it is because if I press 1 twice it won't switch twice, I have some anti-ghosting shit that limits me to press 5 buttons same time, my older key had a bigger anti ghosting, not sure if it even had that. but yeah. will now have to use mouse4+mouse5
Downvote
4.4 years ago
NL
using Chrome 38.0
Rep:
46%
Although most people use it with reloading and stuff like that, my biggest use of it is my movement, tried it out without the bind and i keep tapping the x where the bind was.. Have to train my movement all over again just to stop being used to the bind..:(
Downvote
4.4 years ago
vod
OP
NL
using Firefox 47.0
Rep:
82%
EU Site Admin
Updated, also added download link to the two required configs.
Downvote
4.1 years ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • EU Site Admin
  • EU PC CoD4 Admin
  • CoD4 PUG Admin
  • EU News Writer
MT
using Chrome 35.0
Rep:
47%
not working on my server..... i didnt even have these 2 files, i created them :/
Downvote
3.9 years ago
DE
using Firefox 47.0
Rep:
81%
EU CGTV Crew
CODE:
pb_sv_task 320 2500 pb_sv_bindsrch com_maxfps

wait, so its forbidden to have a bind like: bind m toggle com_maxfps 125 250 ?
Downvote
3.9 years ago
vod
OP
NL
using Firefox 47.0
Rep:
82%
EU Site Admin
Quote from Chege on the 1st of June 2013:
CODE:
pb_sv_task 320 2500 pb_sv_bindsrch com_maxfps

wait, so its forbidden to have a bind like: bind m toggle com_maxfps 125 250 ?

No. But that search could return a bind with "com_maxfps 333". Having the bind is not necessarily illegal though. Having the com_maxfps 333 on a toggle bind with 125 and 250 FPS could mean that the person is using a modified .exe, which is illegal.
Downvote
3.9 years ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • EU Site Admin
  • EU PC CoD4 Admin
  • CoD4 PUG Admin
  • EU News Writer
DE
using Chrome 48.0
Rep:
68%
Quote from Varkid on the 4th of June 2013:
It is possible to fake these logs? If it is this would be a big problem.
This, plus a kick option would be great and would make things proofed I guess.
Downvote
3.9 years ago
:)
NL
using Chrome 38.0
Rep:
46%
Quote from aer0wz on the 4th of June 2013:
This, plus a kick option would be great and would make things proofed I guess.
Somewhere in this thread Vod already said that there won't be kicks for it on a server. I believe this won't change.
+ you'll win the match by forfeit anyways!
Downvote
3.9 years ago
CH
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
71%
great tut vod!
will add this on my server for sure
Downvote
3.9 years ago
  • Additional:
  • EU Head Admin
// XFIRE // STREAM // YOUTUBE // CG TV // SUPPORT // FACEBOOK //
vod
OP
NL
using Firefox 47.0
Rep:
82%
EU Site Admin

PBBans "collects" the server logs, making it harder to fake the logs. But we do need to see to what extent it is possible to edit the server logs. If it is possible to edit without us knowing, the best solution might be to force a kick for certain binds when used.

Be aware though: if you have server logs on your server, please ensure your server streams to PBBans! This way admins can check the server log and see if both teams are using illegal binds or just one team. This could lead to faster solving of disputes. Else you would have to upload the whole server log (if you do this instantly, obviously we could solve the dispute just as fast )
Downvote
3.9 years ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • EU Site Admin
  • EU PC CoD4 Admin
  • CoD4 PUG Admin
  • EU News Writer

Follow CG On:
View PCTodays Tournaments:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events
CyberGamer Premium Monthly Raffle 6 Hours! WIN an iPod Nano 16GB every Month! Congratulations frostqzz, our March Winner!
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players
Top 5% of players
Top 10% of players
Top 20% of players
Top 50% of players
Bottom 50% of players
445 Votes