vod
OP
NL
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
81%
EU Site Admin
Post Likes: 1
As you might know, CyberGamer has the following rule concerning illegal binds and scripts:
Quote from CG Rules:
Illegal Scripts and Binds

Scripts & config tweaking including but not limited to nadescripts, weapon_next, macros and so forth, including configs that change commands/rates. These commands range from set nade binds to gain the longest throw to scripting a superior firing rate of semi-automatic weapons. This also includes multi-command binds such as bind KEY "toggleads; +attack" on the scroll wheel. Players found guilty of abusing these will be banned as seen fit.

A lot of people do not know that it is possible to let your own server scan for illegal binds. In this short tutorial I will explain how to set-up your server so it scans for illegal binds such as vstr binds and strafe scripts. Hopefully this will give more teams the chance to make the game more fair and get the illegal binds out of the game.

*NOTE*: If a person uses an illegal bind, he will not be kicked, the bind and the name of the player using the bind will be saved in a logfile. The location of this logfile is shown in STEP 4.

*NOTE #2*: I have uploaded both the "pbsvuser.cfg" and "pbsv.cfg" files, the download link is on the bottom of this post. This way you can just replace the two files in order for your server to scan for illegal binds. If you still want to know how to change settings, I suggest you read the steps below.

STEP 0:
The first requirement is that you have access to your server's FTP.

STEP 1:
Once you have access to the FTP of your server, the next step is to add some lines in the "pbsvuser.cfg" file, which is located at ..\pb\pbsvuser.cfg.
Open the file and add the following:
Quote from pbsvuser.cfg:
pb_sv_load stock_iwd_md5.cfg // stock-iwd checksum control, remove the "//" to enable and put stock_iwd_md5.cfg in your pb folder
pb_sv_load promod_iwd_md5.cfg // promod-iwd-file checksum control, remove the "//" to enable and put promod_iwd_md5.cfg in your pb folder

pb_sv_CvarChangedPulse 99
pb_sv_CvarUserPulse 99

pb_sv_task 20 2500 pb_sv_cvarsrch wait
pb_sv_task 80 2500 pb_sv_cvarsrch vstr
pb_sv_task 140 2500 pb_sv_cvarsrch bind
pb_sv_task 200 2500 pb_sv_bindsrch wait
pb_sv_task 260 2500 pb_sv_bindsrch vstr
pb_sv_task 320 2500 pb_sv_bindsrch com_maxfps
pb_sv_task 380 2500 pb_sv_bindsrch rate
pb_sv_task 440 2500 pb_sv_bindsrch exec
pb_sv_task 500 2500 pb_sv_bindsrch bind
pb_sv_task 560 2500 pb_sv_bindsrch set

The "pb_sv_task 20 2500" command performs a task after 20 seconds in a loop of 2500 seconds. If you want the server to scan more frequently, just lower the value of 2500. Make sure that the highest value of the scantime (currently 560), does not exceed the value of the loop (currently 2500).

You can also add more values to be scanned for. For example if you want to add a scan for a toggle bind, just add:
"pb_sv_task 40 2500 pb_sv_cvarsrch toggle" and "pb_sv_task 240 2500 pb_sv_bindsrch toggle".

STEP 2:
Now you need to edit another pb file: pbsv.cfg. This file is located at ...\pb\pbsv.cfg.
Open the file and edit and add the following:

First make sure that the following command is set to "1" like this:
pb_sv_CvarLogging 1

Secondly, add the following command:
pb_sv_load pbsvuser.cfg

STEP 3:
You have completed all the settings on the server side. Your server should now make logs and save them on the following location: ...\pb\svlogs. The logs start with the number 00000001.log and new files are made every time the server is rebooted. I prefer to reboot the server at least once a week, to ensure that the files are not getting massive.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

DOWNLOAD LINK OF "pbsvuser.cfg" AND "pbsv.cfg":
www60.zippyshare.com/v/90480946/file.html

If you have any questions, please post them here and I will check if I can help out.

Edited 7 times, last edited 4/4/13 - 2:17pm.
Downvote
4.3 years ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • EU Site Admin
  • EU PC CoD4 Admin
  • CoD4 PUG Admin
  • EU News Writer
Ati 'awati' George Sokomanu
FI
using Firefox 50.0
Rep:
82%
EU PC Moderator
EU PC CoD4 Admin
nice, gona try it
Downvote
4.3 years ago
I LIKE PIE
PT
using Chrome 54.0
Rep:
70%
nice one
Downvote
4.3 years ago
NL
using Chrome 38.0
Rep:
46%
it is a good way to make it fair. So if I am correct, someone who uses a illegal bind (such as weapnext and scripts) , gets a kick from the server or what happens?
Downvote
4.3 years ago
vod
OP
NL
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
81%
EU Site Admin
Quote from whaterwin on the 19th of December 2012:
it is a good way to make it fair. So if I am correct, someone who uses a illegal bind (such as weapnext and scripts) , gets a kick from the server or what happens?

No, but good point, all it does is save the illegal binds in a logfile on the FTP. Kicking people from the server who use illegal binds is the next thing I want to look into. But for now, this will do.

The log in the logfile will look something like this:
Quote from Logfile:
[02.11.2012 13:53:21] [From #2 0211(VALID) "Playername"] strafe1 = "cl_yawspeed 100;+sprint;+forward;wait 15;+moveleft;+left;wait 30;cl_yawspeed 300;wait 35;+gostand;-gostand;vstr strafe2"

With this being a strafe bind. This is an actual log from my server, I removed the player his name tho.

Edited once, 19/12/12 - 4:52pm.
Downvote
4.3 years ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • EU Site Admin
  • EU PC CoD4 Admin
  • CoD4 PUG Admin
  • EU News Writer
IL
using Chrome 28.0
Rep:
38%
is weapnext;wait 2;weapnext included in that list?
www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/thread/344725/Rule-Change:-Wait-Binds/
but it's at au's. dunno
Downvote
4.3 years ago
RU
using Chrome 27.0
Rep:
36%
Nice.
Downvote
4.3 years ago
vod
OP
NL
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
81%
EU Site Admin
Quote from stronkj on the 19th of December 2012:
but it's at au's. dunno

That bind is illegal in EU, so you could find it with this as well.
Downvote
4.3 years ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • EU Site Admin
  • EU PC CoD4 Admin
  • CoD4 PUG Admin
  • EU News Writer
GB
using Firefox 46.0
Rep:
76%
So keen jonny
Downvote
4.3 years ago
LV
using Opera 9.80
Rep:
38%
i got a bind MOUSE1 "+attack; weapnext; wait 2; weapnext" is it illegal?
Downvote
4.3 years ago
HU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
78%
Post Likes: 1
CODE:
weapnext; wait 2;weapnext
^ that's one of the most essential things in the game, and like the 90% of the community uses it.
Now the noobfags will start laming about it hopefully, and will ruin the game more.
Downvote
4.3 years ago
humanity will not be happy until the day the last aristocrat has been hung with the guts of the last priest
vod buried a post by --------------------. Show
DE
using Chrome 48.0
Rep:
68%
Quote from Vanir on the 20th of December 2012:
CODE:
weapnext; wait 2;weapnext
^ that's one of the most essential things in the game, and like the 90% of the community uses it.
Now the noobfags will start laming about it hopefully, and will ruin the game more.
Why dont just double tap the V-Key? Is is that much more comfortable to do it like that way? Essential, what? I dont see anyone playing with this except some newbies / wannabes..
Downvote
4.3 years ago
:)
vod buried a post by --------------------. Show
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
69%
Quote from stronkj on the 19th of December 2012:
but it's at au's. dunno
It's actually amazing
Downvote
4.3 years ago
Dream Team: Omen, IroniK, Riddick, Frant!k, Bully - Sharing chromosomes since season 10