z
vod
NL
Rep:
82%
EU Site Admin
Quote from keso on the 11th of February 2014:
Quote from Faergen on the 11th of February 2014:
Theres a reason why the map got removed...

Nading eachothers spawns and map made of paper...

how does that differ from any of the 5 official maps?

A lot. On any of the other map you have different houses in which you are pretty well protected from nades or wallbangs. On vacant you can pretty much nade and wallbang ANY spot to protect a bombside from one spot, it is quite silly.

I agree that cluster should just be played again though.
Downvote
3.5 years ago
DE
Rep:
74%
Quote from vod on the 12th of February 2014:
I agree that cluster should just be played again though.

You'd obviously say that, considering that you got s1ck wallbengz.
Downvote
3.5 years ago
HR
Rep:
70%
Just add Cluster and Vacant. That way you will get far more interesting map pool (even tho im not a fan of cluster, but hey, everyone hates different map).
Downvote
3.5 years ago
DE
Rep:
74%
Quote from eivAN on the 12th of February 2014:
Just add Cluster and Vacant. That way you will get far more interesting map pool (even tho im not a fan of cluster, but hey, everyone hates different map).

Damn, you're right, this defiantly has to work.

How come no one thought of that before?
Downvote
3.5 years ago
NL
Rep:
73%
Dude vacant is terrible!
Downvote
3.5 years ago
HR
Rep:
70%
Quote from nFinity on the 12th of February 2014:
Quote from eivAN on the 12th of February 2014:

Damn, you're right, this defiantly has to work.

How come no one thought of that before?

I would say something to you, but you're an admin.
Downvote
3.5 years ago
HR
Rep:
70%
I mean, aren't you bothered seeing the same maps every time you play cg? I can't remember the last time i didnt play strike or city.
Downvote
3.5 years ago
JP
Rep:
74%
EU Site Admin
Post Likes: 1
The problem is with peoples unwillingness to learn new maps. Marketcenter in competitive terms seemed perfectly fine to me. It was the right size and was well balanced, but no-one saw it that way as very few people knew many nades or smokes. As such it was either heavily one sided or rounds were drawn out, and no matter how much I tried to remind people of Citystreets and Crash back in '08, it was continuously going in one ear and out the other.

At the end of the day, peoples lack of desire to learn means we will always be faced with the same old five maps. That could be changed if someone took some time out and created a video with a good 20 nades and 10 smokes, but will that ever happen? The pessimistic within me says no.
Downvote
3.5 years ago
DE
Rep:
81%
Vacant is like the little shit brother of Backlot.

Everything's wallbangable, you can nade everywhere, so much camping abilities, simply a very shit map :o)
Downvote
3.5 years ago
DE
Rep:
60%
Market in crash out np
Downvote
3.5 years ago
DK
Rep:
70%
Cypergamer make vote poll
Downvote
3.5 years ago
ES
Rep:
84%
Hello,

To be honest, when I read "everything is wallbangable" I think that is a very dramatic excuse. Is it Crash a difficult map for smg rushes because the blue house is wallbangable? Is it more difficult to rush in Crash than in Crossfire? It depends on the player, his skill and the time he spent for that.

For you, it is really difficult to learn a short map size? Cod4 can not be summarized in only five maps.
Downvote
3.5 years ago
GB
Rep:
82%
market was alright, vacant and cluster are both shit.
Downvote
3.5 years ago
SE
Rep:
79%
Quote from Jonn on the 12th of February 2014:
The problem is with peoples unwillingness to learn new maps. Marketcenter in competitive terms seemed perfectly fine to me. It was the right size and was well balanced, but no-one saw it that way as very few people knew many nades or smokes. As such it was either heavily one sided or rounds were drawn out, and no matter how much I tried to remind people of Citystreets and Crash back in '08, it was continuously going in one ear and out the other.

At the end of the day, peoples lack of desire to learn means we will always be faced with the same old five maps. That could be changed if someone took some time out and created a video with a good 20 nades and 10 smokes, but will that ever happen? The pessimistic within me says no.

cluster > marketcenter
Downvote
3.5 years ago
GR
Rep:
83%
Add Marketcenter and Cluster at map pool and if any of the teams wants to play those maps they have to play more serious at knives. So the knives will be more serious case between the teams and also it's the same if any of the teams doesnt want to play those 2 maps. So they will play serious at knives to eliminate those maps.
But in any case both teams will face the fact that they have to learn the maps. The first category to be good enough so the opposite team wont be able to beat them and the other category they will learn the map (at least the basics) to not lose with difference against the opposite teams.
And if any team doesnt want to play the map and they left or cancel the game they should lose the game by forfeit.
Downvote
3.5 years ago

Ongoing PC PUGs:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events
CyberGamer Premium Monthly Raffle 4 Days Congratulations , our June Winner!
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players
Top 5% of players
Top 10% of players
Top 20% of players
Top 50% of players
Bottom 50% of players
1965 Votes