PC
Sponsors:
Start your own gaming site:
Login:
? Sign Up!
Rep:
TBA
Quote from NIFTY15 on the 26th of February 2011:
From what I heard. The sit was DDoS'd. No doubt the PC section would of been involved with it, and it takes about 100 people to DDoS a website with the server that CG has.

No one can be tracked from a DDoS attack and it's not illegal, you're just overloading the server with packets or something.
One person CAN do it if he has had enough zombie computers, but more than likely it was multiple idiots. And not illegal? What rofl, you can go to prison for it.
Downvote
6.3 years ago
sn@p! removed a post by NIFTY15.
Rep:
TBA
Apparently you have no idea what a botnet is. They took a business (basically what CG is) down for what like 3 days. So your basically trying to claim that taking down a website is perfectly legal unless they take stuff? You do realize CG had to spend a few thousand dollars on the website just to make it so these muppets would stop DDoSing it? Moron
Downvote
6.3 years ago
Rep:
TBA
Read this you clueless idiot
A denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) or distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack) is an attempt to make a computer resource unavailable to its intended users. Although the means to carry out, motives for, and targets of a DoS attack may vary, it generally consists of the concerted efforts of a person or people to prevent an Internet site or service from functioning efficiently or at all, temporarily or indefinitely. Perpetrators of DoS attacks typically target sites or services hosted on high-profile web servers such as banks, credit card payment gateways, and even root nameservers. The term is generally used with regards to computer networks, but is not limited to this field; for example, it is also used in reference to CPU resource management.
One common method of attack involves saturating the target machine with external communications requests, such that it cannot respond to legitimate traffic, or responds so slowly as to be rendered effectively unavailable. In general terms, DoS attacks are implemented by either forcing the targeted computer(s) to reset, or consuming its resources so that it can no longer provide its intended service or obstructing the communication media between the intended users and the victim so that they can no longer communicate adequately.
Denial-of-service attacks are considered violations of the IAB's Internet proper use policy, and also violate the acceptable use policies of virtually all Internet service providers. They also commonly constitute violations of the laws of individual nations

Edited once, 25/2/11 - 4:24pm.
Downvote
6.3 years ago
Rep:
TBA
And just because your special, here is a picture for your thick brain to explain to you in caveman terms what a botnet is and how it is possible for one person if controlling enough machines to take down CG. (It is as simple as dling a file and the person wouldn't even know that their PC can be controlled to carry out the DoS)

Downvote
6.3 years ago
GkR
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
52%
Quote from NIFTY15 on the 26th of February 2011:
No doubt the PC section would of been involved with it

That pissed me off, faggots assuming just because we are PC players that we do that kind of shit. Don't be a fucking idiot..

you will probably find it was a person/site not even affiliated with CG.. seeing CG as a threat on there businesses success (its been the case for other sites i've known to be dossed)
Downvote
6.3 years ago
AU
using Chrome 30.0
Rep:
51%
I've got a good idea, how about you let CG staff and authorities have this conversation and stop having a little argument that will get you nowere.
Downvote
6.3 years ago
Rep:
TBA
I think your missing the point that someone can have control over 50-100 PC's and that the only point I was trying to make that its illegal rofl.
Downvote
6.3 years ago
Rep:
TBA
....Its called a botnet, you put it in a file for people to download on a torrent or something and it gives you control of their PC for the DoSing...
Downvote
6.3 years ago
AU
using Chrome 55.0
Rep:
54%
Well now he must be trolling.
Downvote
6.3 years ago
BAR'S CLOSED BOYS I'M AN ARTIST

Follow CG On:
View PCTodays Tournaments:
Advertisement:
Current events
CyberGamer Premium Monthly Raffle 5 Days WIN an iPod Nano every Month! Congratulations Rorgh, our April Winner!
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players
Top 5% of players
Top 10% of players
Top 20% of players
Top 50% of players
Bottom 50% of players
1174 Votes